Powered By Blogger

About Me

Retired chief investment officer and former NYSE firm partner with 50 plus years experience in field as analyst / economist, portfolio manager / trader, and CIO who has superb track record with multi $billion equities and fixed income portfolios. Advanced degrees, CFA. Having done much professional writing as a young guy, I now have a cryptic style. 40 years down on and around The Street confirms: CAVEAT EMPTOR IN SPADES !!!

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

US -- 50 year Health Care Racket And Still Counting

I live in the semi-boondocks and have been bitten around 30 times by deer ticks over the years.
My luck failed to hold in recent weeks, and I contracted Lyme Disease. I am recovering OK
because we caught it very early. I received the bill for the diagnosis yesterday from the local
medical group. The retail charge (before Medicare) for a 20 second look at the bulls eye rash
emblazoned on my chest to confirm the call was $973.00. There you go!

No comments: