Powered By Blogger

About Me

Retired chief investment officer and former NYSE firm partner with 50 plus years experience in field as analyst / economist, portfolio manager / trader, and CIO who has superb track record with multi $billion equities and fixed income portfolios. Advanced degrees, CFA. Having done much professional writing as a young guy, I now have a cryptic style. 40 years down on and around The Street confirms: CAVEAT EMPTOR IN SPADES !!!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Thanks Go Out....

Back in the 1980s, when I sported my pinstripe suits, paisley and
rep stripe ties along with the tassel top loafers, I gave a lot of talks
and speeches to professional investment groups, clients and did
many an interview on TV and with the print media in my travels as
a chief investment officer. Along the way, I built an impressive
rolodex to go along with a strong track record.

I retired from the corporate world in 1990 but did stay active for
years as a consultant and investment advisor. I had the talent for
the work, but a personality more suited to being a forest ranger.
I happily left that fast moving world and all I have left of its
trappings is a fondness for kiltie tassel tops -- a trademark.

I enjoy staying under the radar and have done a touch more than
zippo to publicize the blog. I do not use a counter other than the
"profile visits" provided by Blogger, so I do not know how many
folks actually read the blog.

So I was delighted to receive a link from a reader directing me to a
professional organization which reads the blog and thinks well of my
efforts. Link here. Scroll down to #7. That is good company to be in,
and the Katz organization is quite interesting if you nose around
their site. HT to David on this one.

The investment business was very good to me over the years, and it
is my turn to give a little back. Thanks again.

No comments: