Powered By Blogger

About Me

Retired chief investment officer and former NYSE firm partner with 50 plus years experience in field as analyst / economist, portfolio manager / trader, and CIO who has superb track record with multi $billion equities and fixed income portfolios. Advanced degrees, CFA. Having done much professional writing as a young guy, I now have a cryptic style. 40 years down on and around The Street confirms: CAVEAT EMPTOR IN SPADES !!!

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Introduction

I set up this blogspot for a couple of reasons. One, I'm no longer a spring chicken, and I find that writing helps me tighten the logic of my thinking. Two, we are now moving through a
transition in economic drivers and the investments marketplace that will usher in a markedly new era on a global basis. I want to provide current perspective, but I also want to start looking
ahead at prospective dramatic change that is coming at us, but which is now only barely discenible. The era from 1980 - 2004 was well defined early on in both the global economy and the capital markets. Once you saw the shape -- broadening global growth with decelerating inflation and falling interest rates -- investing became like shooting fish in a barrel. But now, a period of accelerating change lies ahead, with all the pitfalls and opportunities it will bring for investors. I hope you will follow along as we start to look for and define the markers of great change.

No comments: